You might have always considered yourself to be a more traditional, run of the mill, go along with the crowd kind of person. The kind who doesn’t like to make waves, and will always order your favorite, tried-and-true dish when you eat out.
But just because you think you’d rather go with the flow, doesn’t mean you should just stick to what you know when it comes to home decor. Try doing something a little different and you’ll likely be pleasantly surprised with the results. That’s my argument on why you should give unique area rugs a try.
Best Unique Area Rugs
1. Home Dynamix Vega Modern Area Rug, Geometric Black/Brown/Red 5’2″X7’2″
2. Superior Modern Viking Collection Area Rug, 8mm Pile Height with Jute Backing
3. Super Area Rugs Luxury New Zealand Shearling 2×3 Sheepskin Rug, Single Pelt, Natural
4. Brindle Tricolor Cowhide Rug XL Approx 6-6.5ft x 8-7.5ft 180cm x 240cm
5. Safari Zebra Black On Off White Cowhide Rug 6ft x 7ft 180 cm x 210cm
6. HEBE Faux Fur Sheepskin Rug Runner 2’x4′ Soft Sheepskin Fur Chair Couch Cover
7. Superior Designer Pastiche Area Rug, Distressed Geometric Floral Patchwork Pattern, 2′ 7″ x 8′, Chocolate
8. Superior Modern Rockwood Collection Area Rug, 8mm Pile Height with Jute Backing, Textured Geometric Brick Design
9. Noahas 5′ x 8′ Soft Area Rugs for Bedroom Living Room Shaggy Patterned Fluffy Carpets for Nursery Baby Rooms
10. Nourison Passion Area Rug, 5’3″ x7’3, Grey
Why Use a Unique Area Rug?
Area rugs play an interesting role in home decor. At the same time, they are both focal points and background music. While many people want a rug to play a complementary role to their furnishings and artwork, going for a plainer or not so exciting rug can melt in too much with everything else, creating a rather monochromatic and boring look.
Adding a unique area rug to your home doesn’t mean that you have to do a complete back-flip as far as your current decor is concerned. But it can make your home come alive, look more sophisticated, and actually highlight the theme you’ve chose and are comfortable with. A slight contrast works wonders for this effect.
I’ll explain why you don’t have to step too far out of your comfort zone to accomplish this. Let’s say your home has a traditional look to it, a carved mahogany dining set, ornate gold frames on mirrors and pictures, and a crystal chandelier. Adding one or two unique Oriental rugs will fit right in with your current theme, but at the same time, be a step away from the norm. This will not only add class but make your home seem more up-scale. If you’re not so sure, think back to all those pictures of Victorian homes you’ve surely seen. The furnishings might have been in line with what you have, but there was always a touch of African or Oriental art floating around somewhere in the room. Being eclectic is a part of that design scheme that is often overlooked, but adding it in will take your home to another level.
But the truth is that you don’t have to invest in an expensive 9×12 or 8×10 area rug in order to see the effects that a unique rug can have. If you’d like to start smaller and cheaper, try playing around with some unique bath rugs as an alternative. There is so much less risk involved here, as these usually cost around $20, or even less, and you might have so much fun and be so pleased with the results that you won’t want to stop.
So give unique rugs a try. You can’t imagine in advance what a difference they’ll make, but once you experience how it enhances your home’s decor and ambiance, you’ll never want to look back.