Caused by a fungus infection, athlete’s foot can give you a lot of worst life scenarios. That’s why using foot cream is important.
The so-called dermatophytes, the fungus that causes athlete’s foot, is recognized as those that appear on dead skin cells and they are increasing in the damp and dark areas which your foot can simply free up.
The sweat that collects by wearing socks and shoes continually can make your feet a perfect setting for the fungus to flourish in.
Last update on 2021-04-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Foot Cream Reviews
1. O’Keeffe’s for Healthy Feet Foot Cream, 3.2 oz., Jar
2. Soft Touch Foot Peel Mask, Exfoliating Callus Remover (2 Pairs Per Box)
3. Gold Bond Ultimate Softening Foot Cream with Shea Butter
4. Nu Skin Sole Solution Foot Treatment 4.2 fl oz by Nuskin Epoch
5. AmLactin Foot Repair Foot Cream Therapy
6. PurSources Urea 40% Foot Cream 4 oz
7. Eucerin Advanced Repair Cream
8. Organic Foot Cream, Dry Feet Moisturizer, Cracked Heel Treatment
9. Curél Foot Therapy Cream, Soothing Cream for Dry & Cracked Feet, 3.5 Ounces
10. Tea Tree Oil Antifungal Cream Extra Strength
The first sign of getting cracked heels is the development of dry, hard, thickened skin around the rim of the heel. This is called a callus and may be yellow or dark brown discoloured area of skin. Initially small cracks over the callus are visible.
If left untreated and as more pressure is placed on the heel, these cracks become deeper and eventually walking and standing will be painful.
The cracks may be so deep that they begin to bleed – in severe cases, it can be infected. Appearances of cracked heels also indicate zinc and omega-3 fatty acid deficiency.
What causes cracked heels?
- Excessive feet activity can cause cracks on the skin around the heel area, especially if the skin is thick or dry.
- Prolonged standing at work or home on hard surfaces can cause cracks in the feet.
- Obesity will also cause extra pressure on the fat pad under the heel, causing it to expand, leading to cracked heels.
- Back-open sandals or shoes increase the possibility of cracks on the heels.
- Disease and Disorders like Athlete’s foot, Psoriasis, Eczema, Thyroid disease, Diabetes and some other skin conditions may also cause cracked heels.
- Cracked heels also occur with age – Thick dry scaly skin lose elasticity with age and thus cracks have higher incidence with age.
- Ill fitting shoes, standing for a long time or change in walking posture.
- Unhygienic circumstances or conditions
- Unhealthy, dry scaly skin due to climate or diseases
- Deficiency of vitamins, minerals and zinc
Pamper Your Feet, Don’t Torture Them
Cracked heels treatments that scrape away the dead skin like pumice stones and razors can do more harm than good. It’s easy to scrape too much skin and leave your foot raw and sore. These wounds can become infected and make your foot pain even worse. Here are the top 3 cracked heel treatments to avoid:
3 Cracked Heels Treatments to Avoid
- Do not use harsh stones or heaven forbid, a razor blade. Scraping away the dry skin and calluses doesn’t help the underlying causes of cracked heels, and it may cause more wounds that could become infected.
- Do not use harsh soaps. It’s important to keep your cracked heels clean, but harsh soap can dry out your feet even more. Try using a gentle soap that won’t dry your feet out.
- Do not just use regular moisturizers and lotions. Normal moisturizers and lotions will help, but to get rid of dry cracked feet for good, you need a cracked heels treatment that will permeate the thick top layers of skin and treat the condition at its root.
Preventing Cracked Heels
Some people are naturally prone to getting cracked heels, especially those with dry skin. Here are some tips to help you prevent cracked heels:
3 Tips for Preventing Cracked Heels
- Do not wear flip flops. Part of the problem is any backless shoe. When your foot slides from side to side as you walk, it pulls on your skin and creates cracks.
- Wear socks. Wearing socks is a great cracked heels treatment for two reasons. 1) Socks prevent your feet from drying out by keeping in moisture. 2) Socks create padding for your feet when you walk. This reduces the amount of force being placed on your heels.
- Drink plenty of water. When you don’t drink enough water your entire body becomes dried out, including your skin. Drinking water rehydrates your skin and prevents it from drying out.
Leaving cracked heels untreated can cause more serious problems. Fissures and cracks can get infected if you ignore them. If you experience signs of infection like swelling, tenderness, and redness, you should make an appointment to see a healthcare professional.
Best Cracked Heel Treatment
Treating your cracked heels with regular moisturizers and lotions is like brushing your teeth using your finger. Your feet require a treatment that will permeate the thick top layers, and treat the deeper layers of skin where the condition starts.
3 Cracked Heels Treatment Tips
- Invest in a high quality foot cream. Look for a moisturizing cream or oil specially made for cracked heels. If your cracked heels are caused by a fungus, look for a cream that also contains anti-fungal ingredients as well.
- Apply the moisturizing cream after each shower. Using the cream right after you shower will help seal the moisture into your feet.
- Wear socks after applying foot cream. Wearing socks is a great cracked heels treatment because it will keep in the moisture from the moisturizing cream.
Athlete’s foot can be put on the air by straight contact with an infected individual. The fungus can also be attained through using the socks or shoes of a person suffering from the said fungus.
Barefoot walking in warm and damp areas like the familiar bath rooms or lockers can furthermore be a reason of fungus spread. Not enough foot cleanliness such as not frequently washing feet with water and soap can help get a move on whichever promising disease.
Some of the symptoms of this kind of disease are having scaly and dry skin from which swelling and blister may build up. You can also feel itchiness in addition to the burning feeling brought about by flouting blisters which can picture raw skin that can bring out some soreness.
Dealing with athlete’s foot comprises the use of a diversity of topical medicines over and above oral medicines. Athlete’s foot cream is also an efficient healing to make use of for athlete’s foot.
You can always select from a lot of athlete’s foot cream reachable for you to choose from. There are creams that can be extremely useful in treating athlete’s foot. They can also be used to take care of a multiplicity of more fungal infections like tinea versicolor, ring worm, and more. Others assist in clearing the skin from cracking itching, and burning feeling which is frequently linked with such viruses.
There are also a lot of athlete’s foot cream offline and online. These creams can also help eradicate other kinds of fungus infection. Athlete’s foot creams can also help alleviate the painful indications that athlete’s foot comes with like scaling skin cracking and itching.
There are other useful athlete’s foot creams existing in the market for you to select from. But the most excellent cures are those that you think work finest for you.