A chair and ottoman were once a staple in American homes. Every room of the living space had at least two chairs and at least one ottoman.
Sometime in the 1980s the rules changed and we started to see the fall of the ottoman and in the 90’s the chair in its many forms began to slide into obscurity.
However, in the last 10 years we have started to see Americans welcome the chair back into their homes and with it has comes its faithful companion the ottoman.
Last update on 2021-04-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Chair and Ottoman
1. Windsor Glider and Ottoman, White with Gray Cushion
2. Storkcraft Premium Hoop Glider and Ottoman (Cherry Base, Beige Cushion)
3. Naomi Home Brisbane Glider and Ottoman Set Espresso/Cream
4. Christopher Knight Home Alfred Fabric Club Chair, Natural with Ottoman
5. Flash Furniture Recliner Chair with Ottoman | Beige LeatherSoft Swivel Recliner Chair with Ottoman Footrest
6. Rosevera Gustavo Collection Fabric Nailhead Club, Contemporary Accent Chairs, Beige with Ottoman
7. DaVinci Maya Upholstered Swivel Glider and Ottoman in Grey with Cream Piping, Greenguard Gold Certified
8. BELLEZE Upholstered Modern Barrel Accent Tub Chair With Ottoman Foot Rest Living Room, Beige Floral
9. Christopher Knight Home Elaine Tufted Fabric Chair and Ottoman, Light Beige
10. Baby Relax The Kelcie Nursery Swivel Glider Chair and Ottoman Set, Grey
11. HOMCOM Ergonomic Faux Leather Lounge Armchair Recliner and Ottoman Set – Cream White
12. DaVinci Olive Upholstered Swivel Glider with Bonus Ottoman, Cream
13. JC Home Argus Ultra-Plush Bonded Leather Swiveling Recliner with Mahogany Wood Base and Matching Ottoman – Vanilla
14. Babyletto Toco Upholstered Swivel Glider and Stationary Ottoman in White Linen
15. Best Choice Products Faux Leather Electric Massage Recliner Chair
What is an Ottoman?
An ottoman is usually defined as “a low cushioned stool to rest the feet of a seated person in a chair, often matched to a chair as a set.
A thick cushion more often than not placed on a low riser, used as a seat without a back, originally used in Turkey, similar to a bench and often used as a place to serve trays or baskets to those seated on similar pieces of furniture nearby, usually grouped”.
In America, we are most familiar with the first part of that definition but in recent years we have seen ottomans being used quite often in the second sense.
Ottomans are most often in American décor paired with a chair, usually matching, in an area of the room meant for relaxing. A favorite location to place these pairings has traditionally been near a window for reading, or by a fireplace.
They do sometimes find themselves in the main grouping of furniture in the room. This is especially true in less formal rooms where casual conversation is usually held. Chair and ottomans can find themselves fitting into just about any décor in any room.
The only thing you have to consider is the style and fabric of the chair and ottoman. They do not have to match the rest of the room. In fact, things can get more interesting when they don’t, but you have to be careful to not stray to massive extremes that do not make any sense whatsoever.
Selecting the best Ottoman and chair
When you are selecting chairs and ottomans for your rooms be mindful of the overall size of the pieces when matched and try to decide where you will be placing the items once you get them home.
A good rule of thumb is this, if a chaise lounge would not work in the spot then chairs and ottomans will probably not be good there either.
The fabric choices that you have with chairs and ottomans are limitless. However, remember that when you are choosing the fabric for the “puff” or the top cushion of the ottoman, that shoes will take a toll on weaker or more delicate fabrics.
It’s okay if the fabric for the chairs and ottomans does not match the rest of the fabrics in the room as they will match each other and make their own statement. Favorite choices for chairs and ottomans are leathers, Naugahyde, canvas, microsuede, and tweed.
These are all heavier fabrics that show off color very well, especially the canvas and leather options.
Another new trend is corduroy and denim fabrics for ottomans usually paired with either a matching chair or with a very masculine co-coordinating chair such as leather or tweed.
Factors to Consider When buying Chairs and Ottomans
Among the major places where you can shop for chairs and ottomans is the internet. Thanks to the increasing number of dealers, it has become increasingly easier to shop around, get great deals and hence, save a substantial amount of money.
However, as a buyer, you have to be careful before committing yourself to make a purchase. This is because there are some unscrupulous dealers who offer substandard items.
To guide you through the buying process, consider the following important tips.
- For starters, determine the use of the chairs and ottomans. In this case, you have to consider whether they will be used for the purposes of enhancing style in your house or for relaxation purposes. This is important for the simple reason it provides a clear outline of the features you need to be on the lookout for when shopping.
- Before ordering chairs and ottomans, you should find out whether the dealer is offering a warranty. This is because there are some who offer this in case of any manufacturing defects or craftsmanship issues. In most cases, it is advisable to shop around until you find a dealer offering this in order to increase your chances of success.
- If you want to get the best deals, it is advisable to settle with a well-known dealer. Do not be tempted into believing that a smaller dealer will offer cheaper prices. This is the only way to avoid getting substandard items and services that don’t match up to your expectations.
- Also, it is advisable to take time and compare what different dealers have to offer. At the end of the day, it is important to ensure you settle with items that are of the highest quality and designed with sturdy materials.
- More importantly, make sure that the dealer you choose to deliver the chairs and ottomans within the specified time span.
Features to Consider
- When purchasing chairs and ottomans set for adding style it is advisable t opt for those designed with stainless steel. They should be hand polished and without any screws and welding marks. In this regard, you should also consider the possibility of selecting colors that best compliment the outlook of your house.
- When purchasing chairs and ottomans for the purpose of relaxation, it is advisable to settle with those that have corresponding features such as folding arms, attached cushions, and massager among other features. This is important and it delivers optimal relaxation.
The price of the chairs and ottomans is another important factor to consider.
When shopping online the price will be quoted together with the shipping charges.
While this is the case, it is ideal to note that the ultimate cost is dependent on your geographical location.
Therefore, take time to review different offers in order to get one that best meets your needs.
While considering the price, ask the dealer to offer you a refund period of fourteen days.
This is the best way to ensure your money is secured and you get a refund in case you are not thrilled with the specifications/ features of the chairs and ottomans.
Simple Leather Club Chairs
Leather is ranked among the oldest materials and is popularly synonymous with comfort, trendy colors, and plush feel. It is also easy to maintain and durable.
It is precisely due to this reason that leather club chairs are considered a great investment. If you are in the market looking for the same, there are a couple of things to consider.
Types of Leather Club Chairs
These come in different types making it easy to settle with one that perfectly meets your needs. These areas highlighted below.
- High leather: These come with beech and birch that is wide as well as deep. They are known to offer a high level of relaxation. Depending on the quality selected, the cost of these chairs varies greatly.
- Medium leather: These tend to be narrow and taller. They also come with padded arms and a back that is slightly peaked to deliver a classic feel. The cost also varies in accordance with the quality.
- Low leather: These are ranked among the low budget models. Some of the features include flared arms, leather upholstery, and matching ottomans. While they require a higher level of maintenance, it is advisable to note that by taking time to select those designed with high-quality materials in order to ensure they serve you for longer periods.
Tips for Buying
- For starters, the leather club chairs should be manufactured using fine leather materials.
- In order to ensure you can sit for long periods in comfort, select leather club chairs that are durable and comfortable.
- These come in different leather designs and for this reason, you have to shop around and select an option that enhances your entire outlook. This will mean looking into catalogs and other resources to find styles that compliment your personality.
- When buying leather club chairs, you can also opt for those that come with arms or those without. In cases of chairs that have arms, you will get varying designs such as scrolled, upholstered, or plain.
- When purchasing leather club chairs, it is also advisable to keep in mind the décor of your home or the theme of your furniture. This is the only way to ensure that the chairs complement any other furniture in your home.
In order to increase your chances of getting leather club chairs that meet and surpass your expectations, it is advisable to compare what different dealers have to offer. This is the best way to find a store that stocks a variety of options in terms of color, design, and style. It also increases your chances of settling with the best possible deal.
The major convenience associated with shopping online is the fact that you can order from the comfort of your home and you get a variety of leather club chairs to choose from.
At this point, it is ideal to state that you should not settle with substandard leather club chairs for the simple reason this will ruin your entire outlook. Additionally, the leather club chairs will not last long and this will be an added cost to you in terms of replacement.