Tips for Choosing the Best Ceiling Fan Blades
There is an interesting variety of ceiling fan blades out in the market. They come in many different colors, features, materials, styles, sizes, shapes, and brand names that may easily confuse and overwhelm any novice buyer. For this reason, buyers need to be aware of what to look for when buying ceiling fan blades in order to prevent frustrating purchase mistakes from happening.
Here are some tips that can help you decide on the right ceiling fan blades to buy for your home or office:
- The size of the ceiling fan blades must be determined by the size of the room where it will be used. The basic rule of thumb is this: Small rooms require smaller blades and larger rooms require larger blades. Scale is the name of the game when it comes to deciding the appropriate blade size.
- Good things are never cheap. Normally, cheaper brands can never match the quality that you can find in topnotch ceiling fan blades. Be willing to pay more for quality blades that possess advanced over-all quality and performance. You will surely get your money’s worth in the long run.
- Prioritize quality when choosing blades and fan motors. Motor housings and blade holders must be die cast and not stamped. This adds to the steadiness of the motor thereby reducing noise level.
- Check for ceiling fan blades’ performance. The angle or pitch of the ceiling fan blades determine the amount of air they can push and move. The normal range is 8 to 15 degrees. Remember that a higher pitch can move more air.
- Match the color, design, or finish of the fan motor and ceiling fan blades with your interiors. Do you want brass, bronze, steel, iron, nickel or copper finishes? What kind of ceiling fan blades fit your home or office? You can choose from plastic, palm, metal, bamboo, wood, and cloth finish. You may want to consult with your interior decorator for possible options that are still aesthetically appealing for your interior.
After educating yourself on how to choose the best ceiling fan blades, you must then take note of the advantages that such good blades can give you. Here they are:
- Having good quality ceiling fan blades can provide durability for you. This means that even if you spend a bit more for them, you will still receive great value for your money because these blades are long-lasting and will not easily be damaged.
- You will not have to worry about accidents with fantastic ceiling fan blades. Remember that safety should be a top priority when choosing the blades. You will not run the risk of having them suddenly cut off from the motor or being thrown apart when a certain object gets entangled in them.
- When the performance of your ceiling fan blades is very good, you will surely be able to enjoy the cool air that the fan will bring to the room.
- Having great ceiling fan blades with a nice appearance will surely help in improving the overall look of your room. Be sure to choose the ones that match the interior design of the room.
On the other hand, buying ceiling fan blades that are cheaper and are not of good quality can pose some risks for you:
- One disadvantage of such blades is the fact that you may have to keep repairing or replacing them.You will then end up spending more.
- If you do not follow the tips given above, another negative possibility you may encounter is the lack of safety. What if the blades suddenly collapse or get tossed around in the room? This may harm people or destroy other things you have inside the room.
- Having not-so-good blades may result in poor ventilation and coolness of the air, which will defeat the purpose of why you bought the ceiling fan in the first place.
Knowing these things will help you appreciate why it is important for you to seriously consider getting a good ceiling fan for your house or office rooms. be sure to keep in mind that ceiling fan blades should be one of the first things you must look at when selecting the best ceiling fan for your needs. These ceiling fan blades will greatly affect the overall performance of your fan as well as your general satisfaction and happiness about the product.