Air Curtain is an equipment used for separating the outside environment from the inside environment.
Air Curtains have a downward-facing centrifugal blower, mounted over an opening.
It throws air across the surface with certain pressure. Usually, the opening is at the entrance to a building or opening between two spaces conditioned at different temperatures.
Air Curtain once installed at the main entrance opening creates an invisible barrier.
Last update on 2021-04-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Air Curtain Reviews
1. Strongway Air Curtain – 36in. 1/2 HP, 110/120 Volts, 816 CFM, 2 Speed
2. VBENLEM Air Curtain 47″, 2 Speeds Commercial Indoor Air Curtain, 110V Unheated
3. Global Industrial 36″ W Air Curtain with Remote Control
4. Mars Air Doors Air Curtain, 4 ft. Max. Door Width, 7 ft. Max. Mount Ht, 70 dBA @ 10 Feet, 4000 fpm
5. Awoco 36″ Super Power 2 Speeds 1200CFM Commercial Indoor Air Curtain, UL Certified, 120V Unheated – Door Switch Included
6. Wostore 36 Inch Air Curtain Super Power 3 Speeds Commercial Indoor Household with Free Magnetic Door Switch
7. Awoco 36″ Elegant 2 Speeds 900 CFM Indoor Air Curtain with an Easy-Install Magnetic Door Switch
8. DuraSteel Aerial Titan-2 36″ Super Thin Alloy Anti Erosive Case Commercial Indoor Air Curtain – UL Certified – with Free Heavy Duty Door Microswitch (Limit Switch)
9. DuraSteel Aerial Titan-1 36″ White Super Power High Air Volume Commercial Indoor Air Curtain – UL Certified
10. Awoco 36″ FM-1209T 1100 CFM Slim Indoor Air Curtain w/Remote Control and Magnetic Switch, Powerful, Quiet, Small Body, Light Weight, CE Certified
11. Awoco 36” Super Power 2 Speeds 1200 CFM Commercial Indoor Air Curtain, UL Certified 120V Unheated, with an Easy-Install Magnetic Switch
Read Next: Best Velvet Curtains
What are Air Curtains?
Air curtains are not fans or meant to keep temperatures cool inside a room. They are meant mostly to keep dust, odors, and insects out of a room by forming a strong ‘curtain’ of air.
Electric air curtains are powerful blower fans that direct the airflow downwards, forming a wall of powerfully blasted air.
This ensures that odors and dust from the outside don’t come indoors. Understandably, these are placed above doors and windows; either on the outside or on the inside. Air curtain prices are not very high, and if you live in a place where a lot of dust and bad odors are affecting your life indoors, getting one of these machines could be just the solution you need.
Electric air curtains are not usually used in homes, though some people may use these for domestic purposes. These devices are mostly used in industrial or commercial establishments to have better ventilation and provide you comfortable indoors that are dust, insect, and odor-free.
Offices often have an air curtain put up directly over the main lobby, making the interiors clear of any pollutants from the outside. Restaurants use air curtains over their doors to keep the appetizing smell of food in, while strategically placed devices keep restroom odors far from the eating area.
If you need these devices in your commercial or industrial establishment, air curtain prices vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some models are extremely energy efficient, and the latest ones are even soundless. If you’re worried of having a blower constantly hum while you work, the latest electric air curtains are completely soundless. Another important function of air curtains is that of a temperature regulator.
This is mostly applicable during the times of a hot loo blowing through or a chilly winter draft. Aloo or a draft causes sudden discomfort because it is a passing air current that raises or dips the temperature. Your electric air curtain prevents this air current from getting indoors, and in turn helps regulate your indoor conditions to a comfortable moderate.
Air curtains have very viable uses in your industrial or commercial establishments. Air curtain prices are not very high, and it is a considerably wise investment to have a machine that keeps pollutants and insects out of your kitchen, lobby, or workshop without much hassle.
The simplicity of the device makes electric air curtains one of the most functional and viable ventilation appliances.